Monday, August 29, 2011

Thankful and Stoked to the Max; The Latest News.

  Hi everyone! :)

  I leave for Canada World Youth in less than one week! I thought I would update you on how my preparation is going since I am ridiculously busy (praying that cherry season will end in two days rather than three!) and sadly won't be able to spend nearly enough time with any of you before I go.

  I reached my fundraising goal of $2800 only 15 days after learning I had been accepted to the program. I currently have $2980 in hand for Canada World Youth.
 
How amazing is that!? I must have THE most generous family, friends and adopted family of any CWY participant ever, and I am so blessed by and grateful to you all! There is a list of donors on the right side of this web page; thank you! I would also like to thank everyone who contributed to my change jars, bought energy drinks in the orchard, donated recyclables, bought cherries and just generally helped me out; your contribution has not gone unnoticed! If you thought about making a donation and would stll like to, it's not too late. You can find the link in my last post or contact me. I'm sure future CWY Youth Volunteers will appreciate your support.

  Having my fundraising goal met has been a big relief because I have more time to devote to other aspects of preparation. Packing, buying supplies (like anti-malarials), university applications for next year, wrapping up various loose ends... It seems that every time I check something off my list three new things take its place!

The other day I talked to my canadian project supervisor, Allyson, on the phone and I've had e-mail contact with her and several of the girls from my group now. It is nice to talk to people who you will be spending 6 months with a bit in advance! Allyson is actually from St.John's, which is apparently unusual, so she is going to have some great work projects and community contacts lined up for us! But, before St.John's, I've learned, we will actually be spending about a week in Halifax for Volunteer Orientation Camp! Yet another chance to see more of Canada, yay!

Lastly, I found a tool for the blog where you can follow by e-mail. So... follow the blog by e-mail! It is on the right-hand side of the page, above the list of donors.

Hope you are having a fantastic day,
with much love and appreciation,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment