Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Blogginning.

So, here goes nothing! I made a blog. This is it.


My main purpose in creating this blog is to have a place to tell the stories of my travels, starting with PERU(!) this January; but I thought, "Hey, why not get a head start and get used to the process?"


Well, that and "Man, I'm bored! Maybe I'll start the blog to use of some of this excess spare time!"


Spare time does not come naturally to me... I can't be content just to sit around and do nothing. Now, being out of school and not working during the day I have to find things to do. Weird. They used to find me. But I think I might be getting the hang of it.


Well as kick-off to the blog, here are the lyrics to the song "I Will Go" by Starfield, which inspires me every time I hear it. That's all I've got for now, so I'll leave you with the beautiful lyrics.
With love,
Julia
To the desperate eyes and reaching hands
To the suffering and the lean
To the ones the world has cast aside
Where You want me I will be


I will go, I will go
I will go, Lord send me
To the world,
To the lost
To the poor and hungry
Take everything I am
I'm clay within Your hands
I will go, I will go, send me


Let me not be blind with privilege
Give me eyes to see the pain
Let the blessing You've poured out on me
Not be spent on me in vain
Let this life be used for change


I want to live for You
Go where You lead me
I want to follow You

No comments:

Post a Comment